Join Lauren Crape, naturopathic doctor and BCNA member, for a discussion on how the birth control pill works, the benefits and risks, making sure it is the right choice for you and a review of options for contraception.
Andrea Nacey, international yoga teacher, will follow the discussion with a yin practice designed to tap into intuition.
Womens Health & Yoga Workshops
The May 19 workshop is the 2nd in a series of 4 workshops to support well-being while empowering students with useful tools and self-care practices. Each session will have a talk and discussion followed by a yin yoga practice –both designed to support women’s health.
Date: May 19, 2018
Time: 1:30 – 3:15pm.
Cost: Drop-ins are $20 per workshop
Register: Space is limited, buy your ticket here: http://www.whistleryogacara.com/workshops/
Location: Yogacara Whistler
205-4433 Sundial Crescent
Dr. Jeannie Doig, ND, HBsc is a Naturopathic Physician and Registered Bowen Therapist serving the Tofino, Ucluelet and Port Alberni communities. Join Dr. Doig at an open house in Port Alberni British Columbia during Naturopathic Medicine Week on May 16, 1:30-3:30pm.
- FREE mini-consults to the public – 15 minute meet and greet consults to new patients
- draw prizes
- 20% discounts to existing patients on supplements
Date: May 16, 2018
Time: 1:30 – 3:30pm.
Call ahead to book your spot 250-723-9888
4711 Elizabeth St
Port Alberni, BC
Need plants? Have plants?
Plant sale by donation with all proceeds going to support Ukrainian Refugees in Poland.
Plant donations accepted the week of May 15th. Please provide names and descriptions.
Sponsored by Aqua Vitalis Naturopathic as a Naturopathic Medicine Week Event!
Trauma-informed practice fosters an environment where the unique story of each person’s life experience is met with body-oriented compassion and awareness in order to safely and respectfully provide appropriate care and service.
Trauma-Informed Practice (TIP) for Healthcare Professionals is a unique, body-oriented training designed to support healthcare clinicians in creating a trauma-informed environment for their clients. The goal of the training is to raise awareness of trauma and develop regulation-informed communication skills to build compassion, safety, and regulation in the therapeutic relationship. Curriculum is tailored to meet the unique needs of clinicians and their clients with relevant considerations for working one-on-one in practice.
- Online: Friday Evening – December 3rd, 2021, 6:30pm-8:30pm PST
- In-person: Saturday and Sunday – December 4th & 5th, 2021, 10:00am- 6:00pm PST
- Online: Follow-Up Group Discussion Sunday- January 9th, 10:30am- 12:00pm PST
I. Relational Nature of Stress and Trauma
- Defining Trauma, Dr. Peter Levine
- Bottom-up Processing
II. Introduction to Trauma Physiology:
- Threat Response Cycle
- Polyvagal Theory, Dr. Stephen Porges
- Symptoms of Traumatic Stress
III. Somatic Communication I Principles and Practice
- Body Awareness and Body Cues
- Interoception, The Language of Sensation
- Attunement and Window of Tolerance
IV. Categories of Trauma and Statistics
V. Trauma Support Referrals
VI. Regulation Self-Care for Clinicians
AGRICULTURE-2021 expects to assemble academics, specialists, exploration researchers, and many others to share their research experience and talks on all aspects of their scientific work which strive for a good agro-aqua future. The whole webinar includes online gathering of keynotes, speaker’s, young research talks, oral/ poster presentations, networking, and additional advantages which is a great platform to meet experts from all around the world.
- The main motto is to update skills, enhance the knowledge base, and networking through the virtual platform.
- During the period of travel restrictions and lockdown! It’s better to shift online.
- Join our webinar to share and gain knowledge on Agri-Food and Aqua.